Saturday, April 30, 2011

Friday Night Bible Study Update


Praise God for his wisdom and leadership! Tonight we talked about what we want to do with the hour after we eat. It was great to see the group brainstorm ideas. Then we talked about leadership and who would lead. I tossed out the idea of rotating the planning and leadership. Alejandro said, "Nancy needs to rest." I wanted to clarify why we were sharing leadership and chimed in, "No, no the reason we would share leadership is because it's time that everyone take a turn and learn how to plan and lead an evening." They were excited about the idea. We drew names for the next Friday and Alejandro's name came up. He says he wants to do something artisitic. Sounds like fun. I'm looking forward to seeing where this leads... I think our Bible Study had hit a humdrum slump so this will certainly pick it up and give everyone a chance to "be in charge". The plan is that Alejandro will meet with me someday this week after school and we will talk about his plan or idea.

Juan, the oldest one in the group at age 30 is the most nervous about leading, but he and I will practice when it is his turn until he feels confident. I think it is going to go well. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment