Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August Daze

Here are some pictures from my "August" file. It is not a complete description of what we have done this month, but it gives you an idea of what our life is like during the summer... lots of visitors...every day...and lots of opportunities to try and encourage conflict resolution, spiritual growth, and retaining skills they learned in school.

Jaheed (12) comes to my house in the afternoon for an hour to practice reading. When he is done reading to me, he and his brother Raheem get to play multiplication games on the computer.
Limon! My tree, the little sprig I planted in 2005, is giving me about a dozen limon every day. Samnang and I made a lemon merangue pie. Sulmi and I made lemon bars and everyday we have fresh limeade in the fridge. Yummy!

When Elizanie came over to "play" the girls asked me if they could wash the van...hmmmmm...sure.


Yeah, they got a little wet, but it was a hot day and the van is sparkling clean.

Kristel and Sulmi like to play Twister...note the toe socks :-)

Girl's night every Friday. Kelsey, Angelica, Samnang, Kristel, Yelitza and her daughter Kristen. We have been learning about growing spiritually mature by spending time with God, trusting Him, and getting to know him. 2 Peter 1:3-4 says, "God's power has given us everything we need to lead a godly life. All of that power has come to us because we know the One who chose us. What a great and valuable promise!"
A group from our church decided to help with the school garden since it had grown into 3 foot high weeds over the summer.
Hard work and no one complained. Really. Hey, I was surprised, too.
Here we are cooling off after the work is done. Sulmi, Angelica, Alejandro, Edgar, and Samnang.



1 comment:

  1. Nancy, I was sad to have missed you when you were in Harrisonburg. Sounds like you had a great trip in the USA. I enjoy looking at your blogs and keeping up with what is happening in Belize. I continue to pray for you. Barbara

    ReplyDelete