Friday, September 6, 2013

First Friday Fun Night-September

On Friday September 6 we watched the movie Letters to God. It's the true story of a boy who has cancer.  He writes letters to God which are picked up by the mailman who is in a downward spiral in his own life.  The letters transform the postman and everyone else in the community. It's a tear-jerker about hope in the midst of struggle....a hope that comes from a reliance on God.  I wasn't sure whether I should show it because Edgar has been diagnosed cancer and is waiting to gather money to do the bone biopsy. I wondered if this topic was too close to home.

It led to a great jumping off point for a discussion about cancer and death and reliance on God.


Here we are chomping on snacks and waiting for the movie to start.


Chelsea and I took turns interpreting it since many cannot read the captions.

I thank God for leading me to this movie and guiding our frank discussion afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment