Saturday, October 4, 2014

God Is Blessing Our Bible Study!

Whoo-Hoo!  Go God!
Last night we had a full house!  For about a month now we have combined "Girl's Night" and "Boyz Bible Study" because no one was coming to the Boyz Bible Study.  I'd make an annoucement, I suggested other times to meet, and asked "why?" but the young men were not showing up...week after week for about a year.  Then Juan said, "Can I come to the Women's Night?"

Hmmmm.  I thought about that.  Do we really want men at our women's Bible study?  At least one woman is nursing.  I asked the women what they thought.  They said, "Sure."  I prayed about it and beginning with September 5, men and teen boys were invited.  At first only Juan came.  One time Manuel showed up. Then this week Kristel invited Jaheed, Raheem, and Misael!  We had a full house of 16 adults and six little children.  

Kristel and Lupita volunteer to help take care of the children in the apartment.  Because most (if not all) of them have not eaten the evening light meal at home, their time together begins with a sandwich and some apple slices and a cookie.  When they are done eating, they play.  The apartment provides a great setting for them.  I am so thankful for Lupita's and Kristel's help.

The verse we studied tonight was Jeremiah 29:11
"I know the plans I have for you," announces the Lord.
"I want you to enjoy success. I don't plan to harm you.
I will give you hope for the future."

When we trust God's plans for our lives, we know that God will take care of us and make His plans fruitful. God is faithful.

1 comment: